How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.

Poetry Jamming - Round 2

Author: Sathya / Labels:


Sathya

The fire rages and roars link no other

Unwilling to stay unborn, latent, unperturbed

Suhasini

Haha, laughs loud the fiend,

For he is heading to his end.

Sathya

The fiend and the fiendfire

The perpetrator and the sufferer

Suhasini 

What art thou think that best maketh,

For in the game of love, many hearts breaketh.

Sathya

Thou art not a figment of imagination

My finest hour began but endeth with thee

Suhasini 

In the happiest times that were wrought,

From the fairest Venice were the colour caught.

Sathya

Rejoicing on the outside my insides did burn,

Tut Tut! He chided me along the turn

Suhasini 

Thoughts flooded in mind loft-like,

As the feet tickled in bed soft-like.

Sathya

These are but threads seamless,

Come, let us creep into this realm endless.

Suhasini

Exclaimed he to take her hands in huge halls,

While she smiled and made love against lovely walls.

Sathya

More than passion gleaned and sighed upon,

Is the beam of the hope lovelorn

Suhasini

Suffering destroys, and self is destroyed,

Born again from the ashes with hope rebuoyed.

Sathya

From dust it shall rise and bound

It may lose its faith in the ground

Suhasini

Lose faith and disbelieve if you must,

But the flight rests its wings in good trust.

Sathya

My treasure and my heart at the same place,

I would rest until the day's last trace.

Suhasini

Abandon all the haughty,

Begin to love the naughty.

Sathya

Naughty is naught but a little smug

He beseeches me for my own drug

Suhasini

Like a spirit on my mind with ease he pranced,

Seductive was the whole talk as if I was tranced.

Sathya

He called me enchantress but nay

Searching for his scent in darkness I lay

Suhasini 

The zephyr was gently cold,

We curled around and rolled.

Sathya

Smokeless was his gaze, liquid and limpid

Sucked into a daze, I saw colours myraid.

Suhasini

Amused and happy was the Muse even,

For the songs were deep when given.

Sathya

Every song had the trickster's touch

But he turned sombre, forever too much

Suhasini

Eyes had to be deceived with tricks,

For you would never have known the pain of pricks.

Sathya

I line my eyes with more black

They shall never know what they lack

Suhasini

Smokey eyes did never reveal the crime,

They were not masked but mastered all the time.

Sathya

I could drink a little hemlock

Get lost in my trickster's scent

Suhasini

Why must I live on

In this love forlorn?

Sathya

Thy love enriched the parched

Bestow thy beauty, O bounteous!

Suhasini

Aphrodite smiles over us,

As we look for reflections.

Sathya

Ensnared by his coiled charms

I held on to the last, insane thread

Suhasini

Lean fingers strikes the harp,

Playing the music of the heart.

Sathya

Flows and pulsates, this rhythm

Miles across where I come from

Suhasini

Miles away yet thy sweet fragrance stayed,

Our togetherness for eternity was what I prayed.

Sathya

The wait was long, the sun was setting,

Melting the colours the dusk did the painting

Suhasini

Painting spoke a million thoughts,

For too long were those kept in naughts.

Sathya

Churl the hues for me when I come,

Claim the darkness distraught with the lonesome

Suhasini

Let's make love in the realm of darkness,

And hope to see the rays of sweetness.

Sathya

The sweetness smiles with your guile

I touch it, the fleeting promise of the nile

Suhasini

By the shore, we stole kisses,

And jumped over pebbles and hisses.

Sathya

May this flowing water never end

Break the barriers, let the world condescend!

Suhasini

What business have we with this world?

Our universe is far far away pearled.

Sathya

It could all but come crashing down,

In a universe parallel we'd erase the brown

Suhasini

Mortal lives can be crushed to dust,

Immortal consummation shall forever be must.

2 comments:

Suhasini Srihari said...

Thanks, once again, love!

Sathya said...

Doing this was incredible with you :)

Post a Comment

Followers

Treasure

  • GRIEF IS THE THING WITH FEATHERS - Max Porter
  • POSSESSION - A.S. Byatt
  • THE WASTELAND - T.S. Eliot
Design Customization ©Sathya Pramode. Do not reproduce this without permission. Powered by Blogger.